Sunday, May 20, 2012




We've had internet problems so, I haven't been able to keep up with the Blogging. So I will give you a update of these last few weeks!

For the first time, Jewel and I went with the water truck to City Solei.  It is there that we  helped to fill up  buckets  with water to the poorest of the poor.  Since then I have had so many questions, emotions, and feelings as to what we had seen. 

Nothing can quite prepare a person to see the poverty that we saw that day! Words cannot explain, pictures cannot show or even come close as to how it really was.  You have to see it and experience it your self. What we saw, where we walked, what we walked in and through, and to just smell the smells is an experience I will never forget.

No human should ever have to live in those conditions. This was the worst place I have ever seen. It was at one point that I could no longer hold in my tears and I began to cry. The children who were around me  looked at me with their beautiful eyes.  They were confused and did not understand why I was crying. They had no idea of the place that they were living in. My next thought why them and not me!!  How can you see such a place and go back home with out that effecting you!!

When you see all the needs of these hurting people, mothers with children and no income. Elderly without families to care for them, children working as slaves just for food, the homeless, the sick, the orphaned, and those who are just hungry, it just breaks my heart!! But I know the God I serve will help to change this nation around.

Please keep us in your prayers!!
Love Mickey and Jewel




No comments:

Post a Comment